Thursday, January 3, 2019

January 2019 portfolio update

My plan to sell my losers on Christmas Eve crumbled after the historic sell-off. Part of investing is adapting to conditions so I've modified my gameplan accordingly.

BCE and EMA - looking to unload these as soon as is prudent. I will use some combination of waiting, collecting dividends and writing covered calls to garner an appropriate return.

CNR - I believe this is worth much more than it's currently trading for. There are some decent call-writing opportunities but like BCE and EMA, I'm waiting for a better price.

TAO - This is a CDN$30-million company that was sold for US$30-million last November. The market is not giving any credit for the sale, which is expected to close by the end of the quarter. I'm waiting it out and will likely sell at closing.

Watch list - I watch about 40 stocks. Once a stock is on the list, price is the most important catalyst for a buy. There is nothing imminent right now.

Goal - I'm looking to create a book of 8-12 stocks with as little turnover as possible. That doesn't mean I won't trade, but quick profits aren't the goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment