Friday, November 16, 2018

Do you like gambling?

I occasionally sift through the dregs of the Canadian exchanges for treasures. Most of the time I turn up jack squat.

Someone who knows about turning up jack squat.

Today I stumbled upon Senvest Capital (TSX:SEC), which is among the oddest public issues I've ever seen. It's a holding company. From their Q3 2018 filing:
"Some of the largest holdings as at September 30, 2018 were, Paramount Resources (POU), Tower Semiconductors (TSEM), Mellanox Technologies (MLNX), Radware (RDWR), and TrueCar (TRUE)."
That's a great start. A lil energy, mostly tech. But that's as specific as the disclosures get. Yep, if you invest in Senvest you're basically tossing your money in a black box and hoping for a good quarter. This is at once ridiculous and sort of interesting. I appreciate a good troll job and tip my cap to this one.

SEC doesn't attempt to track any indexes but most of its investments are in the U.S., so the S&P 500 might be a reasonable-ish yardstick. SEC is about 30 percent below the index this year.

You could gamble on worse things. A sheet of scratch tickets or three hours at a blackjack table.

I'm surprised that SEC's lack of disclosure is even legal. The more you know, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. Cool stuff you have got and you keep update all of us. 안전놀이터

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. betano bonus

    ReplyDelete